MISS LENA TANNER Miss Lena Tanner, who died in Llano, August 29, 1937, was laid to rest in the Burnet cemetery Sunday by the side of the others of her family, family, she being the last of that name. The services were conducted by Bro. L. V. Nobles among a throng of sorrowing reflatives and friends, and beautiful flowers of love were placed on her grave. She was born in Jack county, Texas, Texas, November 29, 1877, the daughter of Elex Tanner and Jane Holman Tanner. Her father died when she was a mere baby and her mother later married Sam Tanner. Her only brother, Barney Tanner, died in 1920. Since her mother's death in 1929, she had lived alone on the place in the Tow community known as the old Tanner Mill. Miss Tanner was baptized into the Church of Christ in 1920 and lived a faithful Christian life, Manifesting it by her kindness toward all people, her neighborliness, and an unusual love for animals. She became seriously ill in March of this year and was carried to the home of her cousin, Mrs. Charlie Morgan, thence to the hospital at Llano, and finally to the home of Mr. and Mrs. Oliver. During her long months of suffering loving hands did all possible for her, but when her poor, frail body could no longer endure endure the pain God called her spirit o that Heavenly home where she is at rest with her loved ones. Miss L,ena is survived by one uncle T. J. Holman of Lamesa, and three cousins, who, being orphans, were reared in the home with, her, namely: Mrs. Vince Farris of Baby Head; Mrs. Charlie Morgan and Mrs. Tom Tumlinson of Tow.