plain city home burns

familysleuth06 Member Photo

Clipped by familysleuth06

plain city home burns - Fire Destroys 2-Family Home In Plain City...
Fire Destroys 2-Family Home In Plain City PLAIN,CITY — A two-family home in Plain.City, occupied by Mr. and Mrs. Wayne Cottle and Mr. and Mrs. Junior Bingham, caught fire this, morning, destroying destroying the roof and causing undetermined undetermined fire, and water damage to the remainder of the brick home. The fire was discovered around 10 a.m. by Mrs. Cottle, who was sewing in the 'dining room on the main floor where the Cottles live. She said she could hear something on the roof and went outside to investigate. Neighbors within a radius of two miles helped remove personal personal belongings and furniture, and were successful in saving everything everything from the main floor. However, only a sewing machine machine and kitchen-set were saved from the second'floor where the Bingham family resides. . Owner, of the .building ig Chester Chester England, .Blackfoot, Idaho. Mrs. .Cottle .said apparently the fire "started'-bn'the" 7 north part of the roof and was caused by sparks from their, chimney. The Cottles heat -with ^an-'oil furnace.

Clipped from
  1. The Ogden Standard-Examiner,
  2. 09 Mar 1956, Fri,
  3. Page 8

familysleuth06 Member Photo

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in