Memorial Chapel Lake Junaluska 1949
Memorial Chapel to the government agency. At Lake Junsiuska ^ To Be Opened Sunday LAKE JUNALUSKA-The Memorial Chape), now nearing com- Jletion, will be open to the public for the first time Sunday morning when an early morning worship and communion service will be held by Bishop Costen J. Harrell of Charotte. Others taking part In the service which will be at 8:30 a. m., include }r. P. s. Love, superintendent; Ad- niral W. N. Thomas, chief Navy Chaplains, and Dr. Elmer T. Clark, member of the board of trustees and chairman of the Memorial Chapel project-which honors Meth>dist men and women who served n the armed forces in World War The chapel, a Gothic structure it stone, has been erected with unds contributed by churches in he Southeastern Jurisdiction of the aethodist Church, of which the men and women were members. Many memorial gilts have been donated by friends of Junaluska and amilies of boys who lost their Jives n the war. Outstanding among the memorials is the Rose Window, re- ently installed ,and which cost approximately 51,200. It memorializes wo Lake Jimahiska boys who lost heir lives In Worid War II, Jack Rathbone and Sonny McKee.