Worm 09-12-8 girl dies from burns
at LIIILE 61 IS ma en Carrie - Alfretta Miller, cf Wormleysburg, Died".. This Morning HAD INHALED FIRE The Funeral Will Be Held Friday Afternoon at 2 , . O'clock . ' Carrie Alfretta Miller, aged seven years, died at her home in Wormleysburg Wormleysburg at 1.30 o'clock this morning, tho result of severe burns which she received received last week. Shortly before noon last Thursday the little girl, who is a daughter of Mr and Mrs. Roy D. Miller, found some matches and later tried to burn an "Indian cigar." In so doing her dress was ignited and in a few moments she was a mass of flames. After a vain endeavor endeavor to extinguish the burning clothing herself, assistance arrived and with the aid of pieces of carpet the flames were smothered. A physician was then, called and at first it was thought the child had not inhaled any of the flames. Her condition, however, " grew worse and it was then found that the fumes had gotten into the air passages. passages. She was conscious to the end. Miss Carrie attended . the public schools at Wormleysburg and was one of the most popular young students, her classmates and teachers exhibiting depest regret when informed of her death. The little girl's mother, who has been seriously ill for some time, is prostrated and needs the constant at tention of a physician. The funeral services will be held at the home of the child's uncle, C. R. Miller, in Wormleysburg, on Friday afternoon at 2 o'clock and will be conducted conducted by Rev. A. - P. Stover, pastor, of the Church of God. Interment will be made at Camp Hill. The funeral services will he held just one week after the child celebrated her 7th birthday.