uncle ding

mjwilson41 Member Photo

Clipped by mjwilson41

uncle ding - Fireman Injured As Board Falls In Theater Blaze...
Fireman Injured As Board Falls In Theater Blaze A falling board injured a fireman during a fire yesterday yesterday afternoon which caused extensive damage to the abandoned abandoned Howard Theater, Howard Howard Street and Blaine Avenue. Irwin Pace, 37 years old, 1548 South Belmont Avenue, a member of Engine Company 4, was knocked unconscious when the board dropped from the ceiling and struck him on the nose. He was treated at General Hospital for facial lacerations and a bruised nose. The fire, which was confined confined to the stage area of the 7 theater, was reported about 4 p.m. by Dermis Roberts, 15, 1446 South Reisncr Street who spotted smoke pouring from the eaves. - District Chief Carl Malcom said the fire was "raging" when four companies arrived but was brought under control control quickly. It was believed to have been started, Malcom said, "by some kids in the neighborhood."

Clipped from The Indianapolis Star04 Jan 1958, SatPage 2

The Indianapolis Star (Indianapolis, Indiana)04 Jan 1958, SatPage 2
mjwilson41 Member Photo

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in