From Cincinnati Enquirer, March 5, 1934
FURNACE FUMES Overcome Joselin Avenue Father And Son Small Boy Reaches Cellar In Time. Tearful cries from Paul Siegel, 10 years old, 321 Joselin Avenue, brought other members of the family family to the basement last night where they found Dr. Rudolph Siegel, 62, dentist, and his other son, Francis, 16, unconscious from monoxide gas fumes. The Life Squad under Captain Daniel Kummer responded and revived revived the victims. Both will recover. recover. Captain Kummer raid that the fumes given off the coke In the furnace overcamethe father and son, apparently when they opened the door to replenish the fire. Paul had gone to the basement to see why his father and brother had not come back upstairs. When he saw them lying on the floor he ran back upstairs crying.