Clipped From Naugatuck Daily News
A gala celebration was held Saturday evening, April 15th, at the Glendale Manor Community Club to celebrate the Club's Silver Anniversary. Mayor and Mrs. C.J. Waskowicz and many past club members attended this celebration Founded ,„ April 1947 by the residents of a new community of homes built after World War U by William J. Noble. Jr. on land W hich was once the Osborne farm m Osborne's Glen, this community organization has flourished through the years as a group which fosters community spirit and accomplishment. Members constructed their own clubhouse in 1948 on (and donated by William J Noble Jr and holds their Annual Anniversary, Halloween and Christmas Parties there' Family picnics and sliding parties are also held on the clubhouse grounds fenowrt as Genera/ Dafton Park. Through the efforts of the Community Club, streetlights, mail delivery storm sewers and extended fire protection were obtained for the com munity The Club established the first Blood Bank in Naugatuch in December 1947 publishes li " T ' le G>endale Manner", and sponsors Cub Scout The Club and its membership predict another 25 years of continued community togetherness and accomplishments.