11-06-1938 Old photos, movies from Provo during 1903 on display
Old Photographs To Be Shown Here Showgoera at the Paramount theatre are showing extreme interest interest in a group of old photographs photographs taken in and around Provo Provo aricf the business houses during the year 1903. These are on display display in the Paramount lobby. •The negatives for these photos were discovered by J. D, Braunagel, Braunagel, local manager, where they had been stored under a beam of the floor and no doubt forgotten. forgotten. He salvaged about 50 good negatives, from which he had developed developed pictures, and is posting 12 new ones each week in the theatre foyer. Among the photos that' were identified the first day. was the interior of an old cigar factory which used to be in Provo. Livery stables, bars, blacksmith shops, drug stores and other interiors are included in the first 12 pictures pictures being shown. Mr. Braunagel announces that new pictures will be put on the board each Friday and will • remain remain there one week. The theatre manager als'/ announced announced that his operators have discovered two old motion Die- White Key Luncheon After Saturday Game A luncheon was held by the active and alumnae 'members of the B. Y. IT. White Keys, Saturday Saturday afternoon at the Edna Mae Hedquist home, after the B. Y. Ui.-Aggie football game at the "Y" stadium. Miss Dorothy Dixon was toastmistress, toastmistress, and toasts were given by Miss Venice Cottam, Miss Sylvia Sylvia Hinckley and Mrs. Norma P. Wright. "*Mlss Lucile Hallam was chairman, chairman, with Miss Maurine Murdock Murdock of the alumnae association, assisting. tures that were filmed in Provo, which he is putting into condition condition to run, and which both feature an entire local cast. The first is titled "The May Queen" and from information gat'nerecl. was filmed approximately in 1917 with Provo" school children'form- ing the cast, The second is a one- reel comedy titled "It Happened in Provo." Shown in this latter film are the old fountain which used to be Hi the center of Center Center street and university, and many stores of that time.