Freeview Enjoy this clipping for free
Try 7 Days Free to get access to 632 million+ pages Try 7 Days Free

View the Full Page

History of the Contra Costa Hills Club, the "Knapsack". "It began in March, 1914, with a hike led by French up Trestle Glen and Palo Seco Creek Canyon to a spot which has since become the lower motor bowl in Sequoia Park. ... The date set was Thanksgiving Day. The lack of response on this occasion would have discouraged a less determined spirit, for French's only companions on that trip were John Muir and French's 15-year-old son. On their way they stopped at Juanita Miller's home ...

Search the Largest Online Newspaper Archive
morganfletcher Member Photo
Clipped from
Oakland Tribune
Oakland, California
18 May 1948, Tue  •  Page 18
Search the Largest Online Newspaper Archive