Clipped From The Berkshire Eagle

bulldog Member Photo

Clipped by bulldog

 - the pro- bczn o; hat Short Circuit Causes Fire...
the pro- bczn o; hat Short Circuit Causes Fire A short circuit In the moliir of n i electric refrigerator caused nmage Saturday nt 5.33 o'clock In ho homo of Clarence C Sllvcrnnll f -15 Hancock Uoad. The floor ntlcr tho refrigerator anil the /ootlwork nnd wall behind it were urned. Firemen prevented n prcad to adjoining rooms. Two calls for chimney tlrt-J vcrc received yesterday afternoon, tit the department didn't have to sc chemicals or hose In cither asc. At 3 apparatus was icnt to he home of William J. Eagan of 0 South Mcrrlam Street, where vood, which had been burning In a kitchen stove, had caused the pipes to become overheated. Fire- nan removed them. At 3.40 several patients of the City InQrmary retorted they saw flames shooting rom the chimney of the large itructurc, but firemen couldn't Intl tho trace of a fire. Gas Station , Owners Warned Gas station operators were warned today that B-5, C-5, E-l, R-l, D-non-serlally numbered and T-flrst quarter stamps which expired expired April 1 must he turned In suppliers or In lonl rationing beards before April 10. Any dealer uho fall* to do lose that much Inventory, It vtas stated by the Pltlsflold War Price and Rationing Board.

Clipped from
  1. The Berkshire Eagle,
  2. 09 Apr 1945, Mon,
  3. Page 14

bulldog Member Photo
  • Clipped by bulldog – 04 Apr 2013

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in