John Meyers ill
PTOMAINE POISONING. It Nearly Caused the Death of John Meyers. Corned beef yesterday caused the serious illness of John Meyers, of Pittston avenue, near the Roaring Brook. The doctors who were summoned pronounced it a case of ptomaine poisoning. poisoning. For a time it was feared that Meyers Meyers would succumb to. the effects of his illness, but he rallied and Is now In a fair way to recovery. ' He bought the beef, he alleges, at a market near the corner of Orchard street and Pittston avenue before retiring. retiring. After eating a portion he was seired with violent pains In the abdo men and a doctor was summoned. Emetics were administered and after several hours he was out of danger.