John A Schmitt Scranton Republican 11 July 1889
The South Side Railway. The new South side street railway will soon be ready. At a meeting of the stockholders stockholders the board of directors was increased to seven by the addition of Messrs. Thomas E. Jones and W. H. Squarev. the board now being composed of Messrs. W. W. Neuer, Stegmaier, W. H. Squarev, Bernard Long,W. H. Pethtck. Thomas 0. Jones and John A, Schmitt. Officers were elected as follows President. W. W. Neuer : Vice President, C, Stegmaier; Treasurer, Bieuard S. Williams Secretary, Frank W. Larned, esq. The capi' tal stock was increased from i30,000 to sw, 000. all but 610.000 of which has been sub scribed. The books for the remainder are now open at the office of the secretary. It is the purpose of the company to begin the construction of the line just as soon as pending negotiations for rights of way can be completed, and, among other isolated districts covered, connection will be made with the Plymouth ferry, so that people from that borough may be brought directly to the square by the new road. People living along the proposed route are anxious to see the road finished, and li completion cannot be brought about too soon to suit them.