Women join SCC at Mallincrodt Convent W-B 1894
YOUNG WOMEN TAKING VEILS. Sixty - two were Inducted Within Convent Seclusion at the Malllnkrodt. The white veil has just been bestowed upon thirty - one young persons at the Mallinkrodt convent iu this city. But one was from AVilkes - Barrc: Elizabeth Halter, who becomes Sister Novota. Those from Scranton were: Mary Pbilio. now Sister Veudelina; Augusta Ruubel, now Bister Flavians; Cecelia Kroen, now Sister Rosalinda. Those from Iluzleton, Agatha Meier, now Sister Edclberta. Religious vows were macio by thirty - one, a torn Wilkes Barre woie Elfrida Hoffmcister and Agathona Toby. From Scrauton, Consolota ilnller and Optata Randolph. Most of the others were from Germany. 1 he ceremony was conducted bv Rev. P. C. Nagle, of St Nicholas church, this city, in the absence of Bishop O'Hara. Amomg local clergy present were P. Christ, G. Stopper, of Scranton; J. Steinkersuner, A. Klonowski. of Wilkes - Barre; W. Dassel, Honesdale; W. Breul. Pittston, and A. Forve, Hazleton.