Helen Barns and Don Hall Marriage 1946
the is C. in were new Sara and 4 Sunday, June 18, 1840— DENTON (Tex.) RECORD-CHRONICLE JJ Marriage of Miss Helen Margaret Barns and Charles Hall Solemnized Miss Helen Margaret Barns, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. B. M. Barns, 1518 Scripture, and Charles Donald Hall, son of Mrs. B. B. Hall, 324 Pry. were united in marriage Saturday at 4 p. m. in the Little Chapel-in-the-Woods at Texas State College for Women. The Rev. Prank Weedon, pastor of the First Baptist Church, officiated officiated at the ceremony, which was performed before an altar banked with ferns, palms and baskets of white gladioli. Tail white tapers burned in double seveh-branched candelabra. Mrs. John E. Lawhon. sister of the bride, played traditional wedding wedding music, including "Liebe- straum," the Bridal Chorus from "Lohengrin" and Mendelssohn's Wedding March, on the organ. Given in marriage by her father, father, the bride wore a suit of powder powder blue crepe, designed with a pleated pcplum and other dressmaker dressmaker details. She wore a white straw hat with white off-the-face veil and her other accessories also were of white. The bride carried a bouquet of white orchids, showered with stcphnnotis and ribbon. Mrs. Robert T. Thompson of Sherman attended her sister as matron of honor, wearing a suit ol white jersey with a corsage oi red roses. Her accessories were of white Morris E. Hall of Port Worth attended attended the bridegroom as best man Ushers were Joe E. Barns and John E. Lawhon of Denton and Robert T. Thompson of Sherman. A reception after the ceremony was held at the home of the bride's parents, attended by about 15 guests. The refreshment table was laid with a lace cloth and centered with an all-white bridal arrangement. arrangement. The tiered cake was encircled encircled with maline and pink rosebuds. In the receiving line were the newlywed couple and the mothers of the bride and bridegroom. Those assisting in serving were Mrs. Lawhon, Mrs. Thompson. Mrs. Fred E. Barns and Mrs. Robert Barns, Jr., of Dallas. Mrs. Robert Floyd of Dallas presided at the guest register. Immediately following the lion the couple left for a wedding trip, after which they will be at home here at 409 Congress street For traveling Mrs. Hall wore a suit of dusty pink shantung fashioned with dolman sleeves and flared pep- linn. Her accessories were of white The bride is a graduate of the North Texas State College Demonstration Demonstration School and of North Texas State College. She recently was employed at Headlee Moto Company. While in college she wni a member of Delta Chi Delta sor ority. Hall is a graduate of the White wright High School and attends North Texas State College. He i employed as a druggist here. Out-of-town guests at the wed ding and reception were Messrs. and Mmes. W. C. Barns and sons, F. E. Barns, R. M. Barns, Jr., James Barns, Bob Wolfe, Bud Howe, Robert Floyd, Dallas; Mr. and Mrs. W. C. Cook, Levelland; Mr. and Mrs. A. H. Cook, Lubbock; Mr. and Mrs. James O'Neil, Snyder; Snyder; J. W. Hall, Cokervllle; Mrs. Sam Nabors of Winnsboro; Mrs. Jim Turner of McKinney, Miss Louise Bomar, Fort Worth; Mr. and Mrs. A. W. James of Lancaster; Messrs, and Mmes. Paul Cook, Fred Cook, Jr., Fred Cook, Sr., White- Wright; F. A. Benton of Fort Worth; Mr. and Mrs. J. M. Hall of Cleburne; Mr. and Mrs. G. M. Hall of Copeville, Mr. and Mrs. Otto Halle of Copeland and Mr. and Mrs. Floyd Stanley of Levelland. . A rehearsal dinner was held Frl-' day night at the home of the bride's parents, honoring members of the wedding party. j '