Pittston Gazette, 16 FEB 1934, p. 7
CmVMty A masting of (he Wyoming Wo man's Oub was held In , ttw Baptist Ohiurch yesterday afternoon. The play, "A Dan of Chans Tea," a colonial en - tertahnuent was (he uwsjiani feature. The characters were attSred In eoion let oostutoes and (he stage setting was of authentic antiques, dattng back to the surrender of Yorttown in ttw Revohittooary War. The scene was a room in the home of Judos Wynne, a Royahst, whose daughter Janet was eAding ,tix Continental troops. The cast: Carol Notman, Louise Saves, Naomi Hartman, Ethel Oantnor, of West PKtetwv Betty Stroh, Olive Sohooley and Betty DeWKt, of the Wyoming Club. The stage setting was subbed by Catherine Ialdecker and Bdna Jenkins. Mrs. J. P. DeWibt was director. Mrs. Edwin Netter, of West Pittston, was soloist. ' Jacobs - Simmens Napttals . . Mr. and Mrs. William Simmens, of 124 Butler avenue, announce the marriage marriage of their daughter, Mabel, to Eugene Jacobs, son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Jacobs, of 245 South Grant street, WUkesbairre, which took place Feb. 13 in Shavertown Lutheran Church. The ceremony was performed by Rev. G. EUson Ruff, pastor. Mrs, Jacobs is a graduate of Wyo ming High School and recently completed completed a course in beauty culture. Her brar - of - .t - e - a. - - ; ... pany. Tnta tessntSyfc I j l employed in the WKkaihte Mrs. Jaeobswa. f. JL report on, teste audi wafe? inr sauatotel scluaswblpa was by John EL PMt, supervislQg j pal of Wyoming schools, s amc """g of, Luasrne county prfcr ' and supervising printspaia yeet. , aMsrnoon in the office of A.IVC county superintendent of veeL. in Wlflcesbarre. Us 't " ' ,T ff , Washinston Heajqustrterj "V Has; Graces VaJQer F&r TEEB historic headroarters fiajr 1 Geo. George Waahmgtoav r - been created and imfurlsd ari after 15 years of research. 'EasefrJ forth on every clear day WaaLt ton' headquarters flag wlH iy froE a staff on the historic Valley TorH battleground as it md darlnf tS - wlnter of 1777 - 78. Albert Coc'. Myers, chairman of the lusinrlcalj committee of the Valley Forge parM commission, had the flag iereatill through the co - operation of tbi Mm tone committee, of the Aaerlcar Institute of Architects, asi etben It Is six by six and one - half tstJ of standard navy brae bunting wf. fifteen stars arranged In a circle.