Clipped From The Merrill Daily Herald
"JENNY HOUSE" salient him came became the for to the The above Illustration represents the old "Jenny House." which occupied a position at the corner of Main and Poplar streets, the American Bank building now stands, and was successor to previous hostelries erected at or near the same location, which were destroyed by fire. History records brie-fly as follows: the first hotel was built by Alex Watson, Jr., in 1854, near bank corner, and its opening in was a great event, at which a turkey dinner was served. In 1850. burned, and in 1867, Cy. Strowbridge built the hotel on the Poiriei corner, and called it the "Watson House."