Glass, Martin H
Car ncpnltmitn Retires, Martin H. Glass of 121 East Walnut retired from the position of car repairman -after forty-two years and ten months of employment. He had not worked, however, since last Julyr be"- ing troubled with neuritis. Mr. Glass learned the carpentry trade outside the shops and entered the railroad service as a car builder and re'- pairman when he was 21 years old. He was employed"in the various .car departments and held the position of gang foreman for a number of years. He was born in Morrison cove, Feb. 21, 1862, a son of David and Mary. Glass. He has resided in Altoona since he was but 7 years Old. Mr. Glass was united In marriage with Miss Cora Knepper of this city on Feb. 23, 1688. His family consists of Mrs. Glass and eight children, Mrs. Mahlon Beck, Mrs. P. Kovell and Lloyd A. Glass, all of Cleveland, Bernard B. of Pleasant valley, Mrs. Robert Leader, Mrs. G. C. Stauffer and Burton,K. Glass of Altoona, and Miss Annetta, at home. There are also three sisters and one brother, Mrs. G. L. Adams and Mrs. Calvin Stough of Eldorado, Mrs. William Helley of Junlata, whose husband, also retired Feb. 1, and one brother, Louis H. Glass, pastor of the Memorial Mennonlte church and also an engineer in the local yards. Mr. Glass is a member of the Memorial Mennonlte church and of the Modern Woodmen.