18 September 1944 - Freeport Journal-Standard, Freeport, IL - page 6.
Farewell Party Held At Apple River Apple River. 111., Sept. 18.—The Laurel Aid of the Presbyterian church tendered Mrs. Otis Micknell a member of the society, a farewell party at her home. Mr. and Mrs. Bk-knell have purchased a house in Warren arid plan ort moving there JOHN PERA Shoe Repair Shop 15 SOUTH CHICAGO "Sim* 1903" 4 Operator* To Serve You Quicker Bettor soon. A Bible dictionary was presented to Mrs, Bickness. Refreshments were servedy by the society. Mr. and Mrs. Henry Dittmar attended the Presbyterian service here on Sunday and spent the day at the Dan Dittmar home. Mr. and Mrs. Wilbur Nleman and family also visited at the pittinar home Sunday afternoon. John T. Hume had the misfortune to fracture a small bone in his right hand a few days ago. Mrs. Stewart Brec-u ar.c, oaby son have arrived home irom St. Francis hospital, Freeport. They are with Announcing THE OPENING OF TOOTIE MAE SANDWICH SHOP U S. V4N Mrs, Breed's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Goad. Miss Bernice White, teacher in the high school here, has received word of the death of her step- mpther. Mr. and Mrs. Ben Seigel, Mrs. Julia Siegel and Haivey Seigel and daughter, Gloria, were recent guests at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Reynold Heller, near Scales Mound. Mr. and Mrs. John Andrews and family and Mr. and Mrs. Errol P.od- cla and family visited recently at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Mueller, of Galena. The Clarence Sigafus family moved from Warren into the old meat market building on Rallro»d street in Apple River. Mr. and Mrs. jLester Hess have moved from the* Powell house to the .south part of town, to thfl Mrs. Frank Grindey house on Ui side. ''••""