Clipped From Grand Prairie Daily News
" A GOOD MAN GONE FROM US After a lingering illness of some months W. C. Cowan died at his home on. West Abram Sunday morning February 7, a few minutes before 9 o'clock. The funeral services were conducted at Arlington Baptist church Monday morn- inging at 10 o'clock by the pastor, Rev. W. T. Rouse, assisted by Rev. Culwell, pastor of the Methodist Church. Mr. Cowan was born at Waelder, Texas, April 1, 1863, and grew to manhood there. At the age of 18 he was converted and united with the Baptist Church at Waelder. He was ordained a deacon in that church about the age of 25 and served in that capacity in all the churches of which ihe has been a member since that time. He was Chairman /-of^ the ^Board of Dea- 'cof^^gf^'Arlington^rBaptist Church for a/tnuwiber «6'f ^years, , He was a him. , ( ' • ^'Mr 1 . ^Cowan was'married to Miss Annie Smith at,San Marcos, August 30, 1892. To this union was born six children; Mrs. C. C. Hudspeth, Trinidad, Texas; Misses Pansy, Carol and Doris Cowan, Arlington; and David Cowan, Dallas. >' The life work of Mr. Cowan was that of a teacher. After attending high school he went to Baylor University from which he was graduated in 1879. He taught in the public schools of Hondo, Pecos, San Marcos, Florence Hill and other places. His health has not been good for some years, and he was taken sick early last summer, from which sickness he never recovered. A kind father, devoted husband, a good citizen und a consistent Christian, he will be long remembered as one who lived for the higher and nobler things in life, and for the betterment of the world. —Arlington Journal.