June Vanderheyden wedding
FREEPORT JOURNAL STANDARD PAGE U WEDNESDAY, AUG. 10, 1955 Finn-Vanderheyden STOCKTON—The marriage of Miss Velma June Vanderheyden and Eugene P. Finn was solemnized solemnized at 10 o'clock Saturday morning morning at Holy Cross Catholic Church. The bride is the daughter of Mrs. Lloyd Vanderheyden and the bridegroom bridegroom is the son jf Mr. and Mrs. Steve Finn. The church altar was adorned with gladioli for the double ring ceremony, which was performed by the Rev. C. Alfred Deitsch. Sister Sister M. Georgia was the organist and the adult choir sang the nuptial mass. The bride entered the church with her brother, Malcolm E. Vanderheyden, who gave her in marriage. Bridal Gown Of Lace For her wedding, the bride chose a gown of white crystalette lace, fashioned with long pointed sleeves and neckline with lace flowers edging the narrow net inset. A lace tunic extended over the bouffant bouffant skirt of net ruffles. A half- shell of four scallops, covered with pearls and sequins and edged with tulle niching, #ecured the bride's finger-tip veil, edged with narrow lace. She carried a colonial boir- quet of red and white Sweetheart roses. Mrs. Peter Suminski of Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wis., was matron of honor, and Miss Helen Finn, sister of the bridegroom, was bridesmaid. Their Idhg torso gowns of crystallette were styled with portrait necklines. Mrs. Suminski wore a coral-colored gown and Miss Finn wore mint green. Both had half-hats matching their gowns and carried colonial bouquets of yellow roses with matching ribbons. Gerald Powers of Chicago was best man and ushers were Ronald Cahill, Gene Brown', Jack Vanderheyden, Vanderheyden, Glenn Blair Jr., and Clayton Clayton Buske, Jr. 200 Attend Breakfast After the ceremony, a wedding breakfast for 200 guests was served at the Atwood Community Center. The linen-covered bridal table was centered with a tiered wedding cake, topped with bride and groom figurines. At each end of the table were three-branched candelabra. candelabra. Baskets of gladioli decor- MRS. EUGENE P. FINN rated the room and the gift table me iwuiii aiiu nit feti Mr and Mrs Finn ,| ft _ hon Qn ,„ northern Wisconsin Botl / are graduates of stoc kton Schcol . since 1948, Mrs. . , . h b stenographer for h Nordberg Mfg . C80 / in M il- ,. * « woc . _,__,,„ waukee. Mr. Finn was in service nd now farms with hi n newlyweds wil1 live Farm. the —Muldoon Photo MRS. EARL THILTGEN Out-of-town guests at the wed were from Milwaukee, Wis.; Chicago, Toulon, Freeport and Rockford. Thiltgen-Yeager v APPLE RIVER—Miss Carol Jean Yeager, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George E. Yeager of Apple River and Earl Thiltgen, son of Mr. and Mrs. Mike Thiltgen of Warren, Polhill-Hunsicker In the chapel of Embury Methodist Methodist Church, a simple wedding ceremony was performed Saturday, uniting in marriage Miss Barbara Hunsicker, daughter of Mrs. Leland Hunsicker, 824 W. Galena Ave., and Craig Polhill of Janesville, Wis. Mr. Polhill is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Polhill of Pearl City. The 4:30 afternoon ceremony was double-ring. The Rev. Paul W. Bloomquist officiated, while organ music was played by Mrs. John Van Deest. Pink and white gladioli gladioli were used to decorate the chapel. Bride In Blue Dress A dress of cornflower blue was worn by the bride, with pink accessories. accessories. She carried a colonial bouquet of white pompons and pink roses. Miss Delores Cole of ChF cago was her attendant, wearing pink dress and blue accessories. Her colonial bouquet was composed composed of blue and white pompons. Lee Hunsicker, brother of bride, served as the bridegroom's attendant.