Clipped From Portland Press Herald
Dorothy E. Becomes Bride Wilton, Jan. 7.--Miss Dorothy E. Thorpe, Farmington and Stanton Farnum Collins, East Wilton, were married Sunday. The ceremony was performed In the home of the brides' parents. parents. Mr. and Mrs. Harold M. Thorpe, of the Red School neighborhood, by the Rev. Forrest Forrest F. Fowle, pastor of the Wilton Methodist Church. Miss Luralyn Collins, sister of the bridegroom was bridesmaid, and Mr. Thorpe was best man. The bride wore a floor length gown of white satin, with sweetheart sweetheart neckline and a corsage white carnations. The bride attended the schools ol Farmington and is a member of the Henderson Memorial Churcn. Mr. Collins, the only of Mr.' and Mrs. Clinton A. Collins. East Wilton, was educated in the schools there and at Wilton Academy. He is a veteran of World II serving 42 months in the medical detachment of the U. S. Army Air Corps, where he was mimeographer and motion pic-' ture operator. He received nisi discharge in Jan. 1946, and is employed as projectionist in the State Theater, Farmington. Mr. and Mrs. Collins will live for the present with the bride's parents. ^ Following the ceremony, a luncheon was served, which Included Included a wedding ^cake.