Guthrie, 30 Dec 1920
B. G. FLETCHER DEAD When death called B. G. Fletcher early Tuesday morning, one of the greatest friends Stilwell Stilwell ever had' was lost to the town. He had long been a public public citizen, whose advice arid influence influence was always sought when the desire to win was paramount. He was a member of the Cherokee Cherokee Senate where he was a mas 7 ter in Cherokee politics. In the formation of Adair county in the constitutional convention he was a strong factor. In the formation formation of Stilwell, in all the town's ambition, he was easily the leader—Mr. Fletcher could enlist more men to follow his leadership leadership in these enterprises than any other man in the county. A monument to his leadership is the courthouse, and all citizens alike agree no other person could have ' so successfully promoted the enterprise.' His last public effort was to supervise the work recently when free labor was given toward grading the grounds. B. G. Fletcher was born May 13, 1869. He was married to Miss Harriett Guthrie, July 10, 1879. His wife and seven children children survive him. For many years he was in the hardware business, only recently disposing of his interest. He is president of the First State Bank. Besides Besides he owns much of the best property in town and extensive farm interests in the south section section of the county. He is a member of Flint Lodge No. 11, A, F..& A. M. and a Royal Arch Mason. . ^JKs ^erarfwas held fram^t BmrTuesday aYternoon, conducted by Rev. 0. S. Snell, the Methodist pastor, ' after which the Masonic order took charge of his body and conducted conducted his burial. The floral tributes tributes were the most beautiful we have seen in the town. By public public proclamation of the Mayor, all business houses of the town were closed during the funeral hour, and his remains were viewed viewed by hundreds of his friends and neighbors, from over the county, as he lay in state in the family home. He leaves three brothers, two sisters, wife and children, a host of other relatives and friends IN MEW BANK HOWE The First National moved into it! newly finished,/home last of the week, and its a beauty, being the best bank building in the county. The exterior is red .pressed brick, trimmed in marble, While the interior is finished in latest Btyle. they have a large double-deck vault, built of concrete, concrete, reinforced with steel, which makes it burglar proof. They have a large directors room, which serves as a private office. The town is to be congratulated on possessing such an uptodate building. everywhere to mourn his death. Honorary pall bearers were— MorganMcMichael, Rogers.Ark.; Marshall Douglas, Fayetteville; E. A. Beavers, Westville; Frank Howard, Baron; G. W. Bradley. Gene White, Stilwell. Active pall bearers—W. C. Lee, C. W. Addington, John Patterson, Albert Carlson, Joe M. Lynch, John A. Goodall, W. H. Martin. J. W. Patton.