How Uncle Charlie set the house on fire when he was 4.
Maid Carries 2 Children From Their Burning Home MORRISVILLE, Pa. (UPD -A maid carried two children from their burning home Thursday in nearby Pennsbury Heights. Mrs. Jessie Ellis, Trenton, N.J., ran to an upstairs bedroom when she heard four-year-old Charles Shelmet scream, found the room on fire, and carried the boy and his one-year-old sister, Kathleen to safety. The children's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Frank Shelmet, 529 Stevens Rd., and four other members o: the family were out at the lime The bedroom was. gutted anc other parts of the home were damaged by heat, and water. Firemen said the fire apparent ly was started by Charles who had been playing with a lightec candle. Shelmet works for the Trenton Times, his wife runs a dress shop in Morrisville.