Arthur N Stover & Phyllis Gegogeine wedding announcement April 1947

CathyTitlow Member Photo

Clipped by CathyTitlow

Arthur N Stover & Phyllis Gegogeine wedding announcement April 1947 - Phyllis Gegogeine and Arthur Stover Wed This...
Phyllis Gegogeine and Arthur Stover Wed This Afternoon Wearing in her shoe an 1857 coin which belonged to her mother, Miss Phyllis Mae Gegogeine, daughter, of Mr. and Mrs. William H. Gegogeine, of Mitchell Avenue, carried out the-bridal the-bridal the-bridal tradition "something old, something new, something borrowed ajid something something blue" at her marriage this afternoon afternoon to Arthur N. Stover, son of Mr. and Mrs. Nelson E. Stover, of Orange Street Iu addition to the coin as something old, she wore a double strand of pearls, a gift of the bridegroom; some pearl earrings belonging to her sister, Mrs. Clare Crey, as something borrowed, and carried a blue handerkercbief seat to her by the bridegroom when he was in Paris, France, during the war. The single-ring single-ring single-ring ceremony took place at 1:30 o'clock this afternoon in the First Presbyterian Church with the pastor. Rev. Norman B. Adams, officiating. officiating. The bride was given in marriage marriage by her father. The church was decorated with mixed spring flowers. Mrs. Cyrus Rynd, organist, of Ryad Farm, played the wedding music and Miss Ruth Allen, of Reno, close friend of the bride, sang "I Love You Truly," Bond and "Because", "Because", d' Hardelot. Preceding the ceremony, ceremony, Mrs. Rynd played several appropriate appropriate numbers and during the nuptials nuptials she played "O Promise Me", De-Koven. De-Koven. De-Koven. The bride wore a wedding gown of white spun glass cloth, designed and made by her cousin, Mrs. Ray Schoch, of this city. It was fashionedon princess princess lines with sweetheart neckline trimmed with chiffon, long sleeves pointed at the wrist and a long full skirt. Her finger-tip finger-tip finger-tip veil of net trimmed trimmed with orange blossoms was held in place 'by a shirred headdress of the same material and similar flowers. She carried a bridal bouquet of white lilies. Miss Shirley Louise Gegogeine, as her sister's only attendant, wore a gown of blue chiffon over blue satin. It was fashioned with square neckline edged with wide lace which also trimmed trimmed the waistline, short puffed sleeves and .full skirt. She wore a high blue headdress of meline blue flowers and ribbon. She carried an arm bouquet of yellow daffodils. Mrs. Gegogeine wore a gray suit with blue accessories and shoulder bouquet of red roses, while Mrs. Stover wore a Mack suit with gray accessories aad she too wore red roses. Robert Stover of this city was his brother's best man and ushers were John Riley, of this city, brother-in-law brother-in-law brother-in-law brother-in-law brother-in-law of the bridegroom, and Lawrence Paul Moore, Jr., of Clintonville, a sousin of the bride. A reception for approximately 50 guests was held in the Gegogeine home following the ceremony. The bridal table was centered with a three-tiered three-tiered three-tiered wedding cake ornamented with pink rosebuds and topped by a miniature bridal couple. Tall white, tapers in white holders trimmed with gold stars were at either side. Red roses were also used in the decorations. Following a wedding trip to Canada, the couple will be at home after June 1, at 403 East Fourth Street. For traveling the bride chose a pink dress with black accessories and a shoulder spray of white lilies. The bride, a graduate of Oil City High School, class of 15M5, was employed employed by the J. C. Penney Company for two years. Preceding her marriage she was honored at parties given by her mother, Mrs. W. H. Gegogeine, Mrs. Clare TJrey, Mrs. Jack Hartman, William L. Gegogeine, the last two mentioned of Rouseville, Miss Kathryn Tock, Miss Pauline Tock, Mrs. Nelson E. Stover, Mrs. Betty Douglas and Mrs. John Riley. The bridegroom attended the Oil City High School and served for three years in the TJ. S. Army, two years of that time being spent in Europe. He is now employed by the Oil City Glass Bottle Company, Rouseville. Among the out of town guests at the wedding were Mr. and Mrs. George H. Marsh, Gerry, N. Y. ; Mr. and Mrs. Robert Hoffman and children, Robert William and Beverly Annette, Harris-ville. Harris-ville. Harris-ville.

Clipped from The News-Herald19 Apr 1947, SatPage 11

The News-Herald (Franklin, Pennsylvania)19 Apr 1947, SatPage 11
CathyTitlow Member Photo
  • Arthur N Stover & Phyllis Gegogeine wedding announcement April 1947

    CathyTitlow – 24 Oct 2014

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in